This forum is dedicated to discussions on Silo governance.
Relevant topics include:
- Proposal Discussion
- Snapshot Proposals
- On-Chain Proposals
This is not the place for:
- $SILO price discussion
- Generic Silo discussion
- Silo support requests
- Off-topic conversations
If you need technical help, or want a place for more general discussion, visit the official Silo Discord.
Below we have provided a template on how to structure your Silo proposals in order to offer a more comprehensive & efficient deliberation process.
- Title: [Enter Proposal Title]
- Author(s): [enter name(s) of associated authors]
- Related Discussions: [paste link here]
- Submission Date: [Enter Date]
- Simple Summary: Give us a TL;DR on your proposal; no more than 2-3 sentences.
- Abstract: Introduce and expand on the proposal. Highlight key points on how the proposal will improve stakeholder/tokenholder experience, protocol performance, and the overall implementation process.
- Motivation: What problems will this proposal address/solve? What’s the value-add?
- Specification & Rationale: Go all-out and explain the rationale & vision for the proposal! How will this affect the protocol both technically, socially, financially (if applicable), and governance-wise?
- Benefits (Pros): Provide benefits as to how the proposal implementation will advance the protocol.
- Downside (Cons): Are there any disadvantages with implementing the proposal?
- Voting: Define what a “yes” and “no” vote entails. If there are any Snapshot votes or forum polls associated with this proposal, please attach it.
There are two types of proposals:
- On-Chain: Proposals related to Silo DAO’s assets ($SILO tokens, ETH).
- Snapshot: Proposals related to Silo protocol.
Here is a quick outline of how the governance process works:
- Submit a post under Proposal Discussion. The goal is to gauge the community’s interest and build consensus.
- Get in touch with prominent members of the Silo community to discuss your proposal. You can do that in our discord Server under #proposal-discussion channel. You can also discuss your proposal during Silo Weekly that takes place every Thursday at 3:00 PM UTC on the Discord Stage.
- If you believe your proposal has traction, create a formal proposal under the Snapshot Proposals section in the Governance Forum. You can use this proposal template.
- A formal proposal needs a snapshot vote. This is important to formally measure consensus. Either you or someone in the community can publish a snapshot vote. Once the snapshot is created, attach it to your formal proposal and ask Silo team to publish it via the official channels.
- Once the snapshot vote is passed, you, or a member of the community, will create an on-chain vote. On-chain votes are needed for proposals concerning moving the DAO’s assets.
*Inspired by Uniswap governance